Thursday, January 28, 2010

Financial assistance to the family of God

Financial assistance to the family of God
S - Ex 22:25 (NASB)
"If you lend money to My people, to the poor among you, you are not to act as a creditor to him; you shall not charge him interest.

O -  I know this verse has come up again in my life because of a changing money climate, economy and personal financial situations.   I recognize that for the family God has placed in my life there will always be a financial need from time to time.   I always get wound up and tense over these situations because I want to bless people, but sometimes the way they handle money causes me to want to tighten up controls.  

A - This scripture is a reminder for me to not be a creditor to God's people.  It goes beyond not just charging them interest,  it goes to treating them like a client,  setting terms for repayment, and expecting them to repay. I know for the family God has given me I must be a part of their provision,  I am not to be a creditor to which they can come, but a hand which they can reach for when they are in need.  Debt is not be tracked, but rather to live freely giving, because God freely gave to me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you continue to sharpen me as a good financial steward of your resources, and help me to be wise and loving in the provision for my family, acting as partner in Christ, and not creditor.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment