Sunday, January 17, 2010

Vision - recognizing when it comes true

Vision - recognizing when it comes true
S - Gen 42:6-9 (NASB)
 6Now Joseph was the ruler over the land; he was the one who sold to all the people of the land And Joseph's brothers came and bowed down to him with their faces to the ground.
 7When Joseph saw his brothers he recognized them, but he disguised himself to them and spoke to them harshly. And he said to them, "Where have you come from?" And they said, "From the land of Canaan, to buy food."
 8But Joseph had recognized his brothers, although they did not recognize him.
 9Joseph remembered the dreams which he had about them, and said to them, "You are spies; you have come to look at the undefended parts of our land."

O - I have been thinking a lot about Joseph as it relates to God's vision for our lives, and how He goes about giving us vision and then taking us through the necessary steps to achieve that vision.   Here in this scripture we see Joseph at the moment God's vision for his life becomes real.    The vision of his brothers bowing down to him is what got him in trouble with them in the first place.   Now when he saw it occur, he recognized it.

A- The application for me is just a trust reminder when it comes to God's vision for our life. When he gives us the vision it can often not be understandable based on what our current circumstances are.   In Joseph's case it was not understandable to Joseph's brothers, but when he had the dream I am sure Joseph didn't doubt it... that is until he was thrown in to the pit, enslaved, thrown in prison.  Now the vision probably looked extraordinarily unachievable.    But again, the exhortation is that God gives us vision, and then takes us where we need to go in order to prepare:  our character, our skills, and our heart.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to invest in me and your vision for my life.  I pray Lord for the light at my feet on where I should be focused and what areas of character, skills, and heart I need to refine.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment