Tuesday, March 21, 2023

The light of the world

​S-‭‭John‬ ‭3‬:‭18‬-‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

““There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.””

O- Jesus is speaking these words to the pharisee Nicodemus.  He is speaking that he is the light brought into the world by God.  For those that believe in Him he offers salvation and those that don't there is judgement.  The light of the world shines the light on our sins and those that acknowledge this light and their own sins, are forgiven when they accept the son as their Lord and saviour. 

A - The application for me is to recognize Jesus is the light of th world,  I need to believe in Him and allow his light to shine on and expose my sins.   I repent and turn away from these sins and seek to walk in the light and direction that Jesus is showing me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank your for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would help me to expose all my sin and repent and turn away from my sinful ways.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment