Friday, March 17, 2023

Be a humble servant

​S-Matthew‬ ‭23‬:‭11‬-‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“The greatest among you must be a servant. But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

‭‭O - Jesus is teaching his disciples how not to act like the Pharisees and religious leaders who exalt themselves above the people they are meant to serve.  His disciples are to be servants and humble themselves before the people and not exalt themselves.   They are to follow Jesus' example and seek the lost and sick and restore and heal them.  

A - The application for me is to seek to humble myself before the Lord and people.  I am to be a servant to all those God puts before me , especially my family.  I am to serve them through my words and actions so that I can't be accused of being double minded.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me be humble in all my actions and deeds.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment