Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Out of a pure heart

​S-‭‭Matthew‬ ‭15‬:‭17‬-‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

““Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer. But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you. For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. These are what defile you. Eating with unwashed hands will never defile you.””

O- Jesus spoke these words to the Pharisee's who were accussing his disciples of not washing their hands before eating which was their tradition.  He rebuked their tradition and said it is not what goes into your body that defiles you but the words that come out of your mouth that defiles the person.  It is what comes from your heart that is evil.  

A - The application for me is to be aware of the words that I speak and to make sure I maintain a pure heart.  I can do this by keeping Jesus in my heart and his spirit within me.  I must speak from the out pouring of Christ love that is in me. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for a clean heart out of which my words and actions would come.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment