Monday, March 6, 2023

Blessed are those that see and hear

​S-‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13‬:‭16‬-‭17‬ ‭NLT

““But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, but they didn’t see it. And they longed to hear what you hear, but they didn’t hear it.”

O  -  Jesus was speaking to those who would listen to him proclaiming the Kingdom of Heaven is here.  He knew he was a fullfilment of many prophesies and promises that God had made through nation of Israel. What should have been an amazing revelation and experience these people were seeing for some it was a stumbling block.  This is not how some had envisioned the messiah would come and therefore had a hard time believing the things Jesus would say or even do.

A - The application for me is to by faith believe in these accounts of Jesus during his time on earth.  All of them happened that I might believe and receive Him as my Lord and savior.   I can trust in these accounts and the many miraclous healings and words of truth as witness to me to the power of the Messiah and the plan he had for all of us to be redeemed through Him.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to reveal to me your truth in scripture and grow my faith in you and all you have done.  I pray the Holy Spirit would continue to guide me in my steps each day.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment