Sunday, December 20, 2020

Walking in the Freedom of Christ

 S- John 8:12-20 (NASB)

12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; the one who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.” 13 So the Pharisees said to Him, “You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not [b]true.” 14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I am testifying about Myself, My testimony is [c]true, because I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. 15 You judge [d]according to the flesh; I am not judging anyone. 16 But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me. 17 Even in your Law it has been written that the testimony of two people is [e]true. 18 I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me.” 19 So they were saying to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.” 20 These words He spoke [f]in the treasury, as He taught in the temple area; and no one arrested Him, because His hour had not yet come.

O -  Jesus is the light of the world, yesterday, today, and in the future.  He see's all of our actions and motives, and does not judge us but rather shines a light on our sin so we may turn away from it.   For we cannot escape what sin Jesus exposes.  But at the same time he does not condemn, but rather comes into our lives to set us free.    He comes and reveals His truth by shining a light on our sin, and gives us the ability to resist and turn away from our sin by the power of the Holy Spirit.  In the Law it is written that two or more believers coming together to reveal God's truth and show us this truth in our lives.   Those that don't know the Law know not the way of freedom from sin.   They may be free in the flesh, but that way does not lead to eternal life.  God's way leads to eternal life, and those that are seeking the light will find it's way better than their own, and leads to the path of righteousness.

A -   The application for me is to seek the Lord and His righteousness.   I am to seek His light, and have it reveal every sin in me.   I am to seek His ways in my life so that I might reflect His light and His love for everyone.  I am to avoid the temptation of those things on earth that attempt to inprison me, and seek Jesus and the Way that leads to freedom. 

P- Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for today's scripture,  I pray that you would show me your ways and lead me on the righteous path and away from the temptations of the world, especially those temptations of the flesh.  I pray for wisdom in my actions and clarity of my thoughts that I may know and walk in your righteousness.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment