Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Repentance for adultery

 S - Revelations 18:4-8 (NASB)

Warning to Escape Babylon’s Judgment

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“‘Come out of her, my people,’[b]
    so that you will not share in her sins,
    so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
for her sins are piled up to heaven,
    and God has remembered her crimes.
Give back to her as she has given;
    pay her back double for what she has done.
    Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
Give her as much torment and grief
    as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
    ‘I sit enthroned as queen.
I am not a widow;[c]
    I will never mourn.’
Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
    death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
    for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.


O- This revelation about the Queen of Adultery who is judged in the end, comes as a reminder and warning of the sin of the world and the tempation of Satan.    God not only see's this sin but has a plan for forgiveness and is willing to put a hedge of protection over your heart and mind to prevent the influence of the devil in this case.


A -  The application for me is to repent for the times I have fallen for her.   I have allowed her to tempt me to sin with her body and even just entertaining thoughts of her.  This includes letting just the looking at her as a sin to be removed.


P -  Dear heavenly Father thank you for your understanding and mourning over my sin.   I thank you for your protection from this sin of thoughts and deeds with other women.  It dishonors and hurts my wife, is a bad example for my children to see, and only leads to death and separation from you.  I pray for your forgiveness and for your healing of my heart and mind.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment