Sunday, December 13, 2020

Restored by Christ's sacrifice and sanctified by His grace

 S -  Hebrews 9:24-28 (NASB)

24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made by hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Holy Place year by year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been revealed to put away sin [w]by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And just as it is destined for people to die once, and after this comes judgment, 28 so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

O -  Christ is our High Priests and reconcilliation offering.    Once and for all, he paid the price for our sin,  and fullfilled the law.  He did so at the appointed time in accordance with God's plan to restore His creation once and for all.    Now this is the true revelation of who God is and His plan for us, that He sent His one and only Son to die for all of our sins, so that we may come unblemmished into the presence of the Lord, and be sanctified and restored, washed white and once again turn toward the good shephard to follow Him in His ways.  

A -  I am coming to understand the greatness of God's plan and His sacrifice.   Now while I have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus,  dieing to my old nature and being filled with the Holy Spirit I have re-entered the Holy of Holies and am in communion with God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.   Having been reconcilled and restored I walk in His righteousness ,  restored but yet I still retain the scars of my sins (just as Christ did )  as a reminder of where I came from.    So in all things I give thanks for the restorative power of God's grace and mercy.  I must recongize until the time of Christ second coming I am His disciple, walking in a manner that gives Glory to God and leaves no room for the devil who still operates in this dominion with impunity, vulnerable only to Christ and His word.   So it is with the knowledge of the enemy and the scripture that I fight these battles in this world with God's word as my sword and shield.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your restorative power and grace.  I pray that you help me to resist the wares of the devil and walk in my calling as your servant ,  walking in the steps you have laid before me.   Help me to operate in this world, but be not of this world.  Help me to remember my scars, but not be controlled by them.  I pray all of this in Jesus Christ name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment