Tuesday, December 15, 2020

God's way requires endurance

 S- James 1:2-8 (NASB)

Consider it all joy, my brothers and sisters, when you encounter various [c]trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces [d]endurance. And let [e]endurance have its perfect [f]result, so that you may be [g]perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and [h]without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that person ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a [i]double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

O - In the beginning was the word, and the word is Jesus Christ,  and Christ being one with the Father, by His own choice came down from heaven to reside with  us and to bring life to His truth.  And the truth walked amongst us and showed us His Way.   And His way was good and some men rejected it, while others rejoiced in it.   For those who rejoiced in it they counted it all joy when they faced various trials and suffering because it proved their belief true that God is the way, and that we are able to face our trials with the endurance of Christ.  That God provides for each and everyone of our needs in His perfect timing.

A- The application for me is to seek God's wisdom in my circumstances and to wait on His direction for how I am to handle it.   I often anxiety drives me to do impulsive things, but I must endure this trial and wait on the Lord, because His ways are better than my ways.  I pray Lord that you would show me your way and how it might bless others and my family in a way that Glorifies your name.  My disease is no excuse for my poor behavior and I ask that it would be more than a thorn in my side but instead would be a gift from you to remind me to humble myself as well as rely on the gifts you have given me.   

P - Lord my prayer is that good would come of the circumstances, and if in any way I have sinned that I alone would pay the price.  I pray that you find your way to be glorified through even my stumblings.  I pray your light would shine on the way I am to go.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment