Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Jesus the way, the truth, and the light of the world

 S- John 12:27 - 36  (NASB)
27 “Now My soul has become troubled; and what am I to say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 So the crowd who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered; others were saying, “An angel has spoken to Him!” 30 Jesus responded and said, “This voice has not come for My sake, but for yours. 31 Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself.” 33 Now He was saying this to indicate what kind of death He was going to die. 34 The crowd then answered Him, “We have heard from the Law that the [o]Christ is to remain forever; and how is it that You say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this Son of Man?” 35 So Jesus said to them, “For a little while longer the Light is among you. Walk while you have the Light, so that darkness will not overtake you; also, the one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. 36 While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light.”

O - Jesus is the light of the world, and all that follow Him walk in the light.   He lights their path and walks with them as they seek God and go where God is working.   Now God works all things for good who are called according to Christ.   Therefore we are now bondservants of Christ, much like Paul was called and became a bondservant of Christ.   Jesus want us to put our work toward the Harvest, but he fully equips us to do good works so that we might have the wisdom and strength that comes from the Holy Spirit who resides in us.   God does not promise us a life free from troubles, but he does commit to walk through the trials so that we may not fall.   He ways are narrow, but with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, and the mercy and grace of God we are able. 

A-  The application for me is to commit my plans to the Lord, but if it is His will it will be done.  If it is not His will I pray my mind would be changed, so I might travel on the path of righteousness.   I pray that the Lord would walk with me and the people would not hear my voice but recognize the voice of Jesus who is the way and the life,  and draws those called to him in the way of righteousness.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's Truth may it lead and guide me in your ways.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment