Saturday, December 5, 2020

Be Imitators of God

S - Ephesians 5:1-5 (NASB)

Be Imitators of God

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved [a]you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God [b]as a fragrant aroma.

But sexual immorality [c]or any impurity or greed must not even be mentioned among you, as is proper among [d]saints; and there must be no filthiness [e]or foolish talk, or vulgar joking, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know with certainty, that no sexually immoral or [f]impure or greedy person, which [g]amounts to an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 

O - God loves and pursues all His children so that they might come home and live in His abundant mercy.  Christ came to die for our sins and draw us back to the Father,  He is the Way , the Truth, and the Life.  All who confess their sins, and follow Him are called according to the purpose He has laid out before them.   But it is sexual immorality, greed, and vulgarity that corrupt me, and therefore I must stop this idolatry in my life, it does not come from God but from a childhood scar that I have tried to cover up.

A- The application for me is to repent and turn away from my sinful ways and run to the Father who is waiting for me to confess, repent and worship Him alone.   My wife who has already forgiven me has exhorted me through the Holy Spirit in her.    I need to heed here warning to repent and turn away from my sin. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, help me not to grow numb from my sin that I might be uncomfortable with impure thoughts and words so that I might despise the seed that Satan has planted in me.   Help me to resist the Devil's temptation and seek your Holy Spirit who will guide and comfort me until I come home to receive my inheritance in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment