Sunday, December 27, 2020

Prophetic word to the church at Ephesus.

 S -  Revelations 2:1-7 (NASB)

Message to Ephesus

“To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:

The One who holds the seven stars in His right hand, the One who walks [a]among the seven golden lampstands, says this:

‘I know your deeds and your labor and [b]perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil people, and you have put those who call themselves apostles to the test, and they are not, and you found them to be false; and you have [c]perseverance and have endured on account of My name, and have not become weary. But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Therefore, remember from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the [d]deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and I will remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent. But you have this, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who overcomes, I will grant to eat from the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God.’

O -  The apostle Paul has penned one of the most prophetics books of the new testament here.   He writes of what He see's while in exile to Pathmos,  though in this chapter he is writing to the Church of Ephesus, he  is speaking even to us today.   He writes here to the  Ephesians, that they have left their first love (the relationship with Christ) and that they need only repent and turn back to the one who saved them. The consequences of not repenting is separation from God,  but to those who obey,  they will overcome and will be given access to eat from the tree of life. 

A -  The application for me is to turn back to my first love,  Christ, and repent of my sins that I am hiding in the dark places of my heart.    Christ is the light of the world, and is lighting my path to return to Him,  if only I would choose to follow Him.   The devil is the master of lies, and works hard to make me stumble in my moments of weakness.  His ways are death, and I am to resist the devil until Jesus comes and makes him flee from me.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your word.  I pray that I would remember my first love and repent and turn back to you.   I repent of my sins, the ones deep inside my heart that I cling to.  Help me to remove these hardened spots that lead to death.  Lord I pray that you would help me resist the devil and love your word which is more powerful than any weapon of the devil.  I pray your spirit would watch over me and lead me to your kingdom.  In Jesus Christ,  I pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment