Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom


S - psalm 112


The works of His hands are [i]truth and justice;
All His precepts are [j]sure.
They are upheld forever and ever;
They are performed in [k]truth and uprightness.
He has sent redemption to His people;
He has [l]ordained His covenant forever;
Holy and [m]awesome is His name.
10 The [n]fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
good understanding have all those who [o]do His commandments;
His praise endures forever.

O - The psalmist here is proclaiming almost proverbs of wisdom regarding who God is, and how we are to interact with him.    He lays the foundation that not only has God created everything physically that we see,  he has created all the internal laws, like truth , and justice,  and that He has designed it all, and wil uphold all of his creation,  including us His people.   And it is because of this that we should have a healthy fear of the Lord, because this is the beginning of wisdom, to know and follow the one who is the creator of all truth.


A - The application for me is to recognize that God is my creator,  the author of all truth, the truth of who I am , who I am created to be,  and understands all in His creation.   I must have a healthy of fear of the Lord in all aspects of my life.  At work, I must understand that he knows people, engineering, science, and even unions , because he knows the hearts of men.   At home, he knows the hearts of my wife and children, he knows their struggles, he knows their hurts, and he loves them.   In ministry , he know my church, he knows where they need to go, he knows the plans he has for them, plans for their welfare, and not for their destruction.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you today, for the gift you have given me in your word, your spirit, and in your son, who died for my sins, so that I might be reconciled with you.  That I might have a healthy fear , and awe of who you are God.   I love you, in Jesus name, Amen.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment