Saturday, September 28, 2013

Praying like Jesus

S - Luke 11 NASB
11 It happened that while [a]Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray just as John also taught his disciples.” 2 And He said to them, “When you pray, say:
‘[b]Father, hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
3 ‘Give us each day our [c]daily bread.
4 ‘And forgive us our sins,
For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.’

O -   Jesus disciples where asking Jesus, we want to pray like you , not for the formula for prayers.  His disciples saw him frequently pray to the Lord and it is the heart to pray and seek God's provision,  forgiveness,  and overflowing grace.    

A - The application for me is to remember the heart behind this example that Jesus shows us.  For those that have a  relationship with God the Father, through Jesus, we ought to seek to glorify and worship GOd,  to look toward him during the campaign for our provision,  to wash us clean of our sins or any sin that has been weighing us down,   to help us to love and forgive others,  and most importantly not to lead others into temptation.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this devotion today,  may my life glorify you.  Thank you Lord for the many blessings and provision in my life.  I pray Lord that you would forgive of my sin, show me the way to forgiveness so I might forgive those who have sinned against me.  Lord protect me from things of this world, from the devil, and tempation that would draw me further from you.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment