Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Humbly and faithfully following Christ


S- Luke 7
31 “To what then shall I compare the men of this generation, and what are they like? 32 They are like children who sit in the market place and call to one another, and they say, ‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not weep.’ 33 For John the Baptist has come eating no bread and drinking no wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon!’ 34 The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Behold, a gluttonous man and a [y]drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and [z]sinners!’ 35 Yet wisdom is vindicated by all her children.”


O - This is an interesting scripture in that Jesus is sitting here speaking to the pharisee's.     In this chapter Jesus is showing both his disciples and the religious leadership that they are looking in the wrong place when they are looking for whom God will answer prayers and bring the good news to.  It will be people like the Roman centurion whose faith surpassed the faith of all of Israel.  It will be the sinful woman who washed Jesus feet with her tears, and annoited his head with perfume.   

A -  The application for me is to realize I can be a spoiled brat, so used to being in God's church that I forget to approach Christ humbly and trusting in who He is , in my life, in His church.   I must continue despite my rank or position , to seek Christs healing humbly, and have faith to trust in Christ's authority in my life.   I must continue to humbly serve Christ, despite my position or years saved, but serve him as a grateful sinner redeemed.  Humbly serving him in all I do. 

P - Dear heavenly father, thank you for your wisdom and truth you are speaking into my life.  I pray Lord that you help me to continue to scrub my heart for prideful behavior.  I pray for your powerful leadelrship of my life , that you would go before me and give me the ears to hear and wisdom to follow you.

No comments:

Post a Comment