Friday, June 28, 2013

Preach the word in and out of season

S-2 Tim 4
2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with [a]great patience and instruction.

O - This is one Paul's last letters of exhortation to Timothy where he teaches him the nature of man even in the church, to want to turn away from god and listen to teachers that align more with what they want to hear rather than the firm truth of gods word and new covenant in Christ. So he exhorts Timothy to be ready in all seasons to preach the word to strengthen, correct, and encourage Gods people.

A - the application in this season for me is to remember that even though I am not as involved in ministry today as I was, I have a calling like Timothy, to no matter what season I am in to stay true to God s word and to keep his truth in front of me , my family, my friends, and thosemGos has placed in my life.

P - Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotional time, and your exhortation of me by Paul's words to Timothy. I pray Lord that you would help me to unpack all of the word you have sealed in my heart for the encouragement and correction of those in my life. I pray all this in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment