Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Guarding against anxiety and worry

S
Prov 19:11, 20-23 (NASB)
A man's discretion makes him slow to anger,  And it is his glory to overlook a transgression.

Listen to counsel and accept discipline,  That you may be wise the rest of your days. 
Many plans are in a man's heart,  But the counsel of the Lord  will stand.
 What is desirable in a man is his  kindness,  And  it is  better to be a poor man than a liar. 
The fear of the Lord    leads  to life,  So that one may sleep satisfied, untouched by evil.

O -   God's word is true and without negative thought or anxious contemplation.   By saturating my mind with his truth and view life and circumstances through his perspective I can walk confidently in the path he has me on.   These specific truths from Solomon in Proverbs remind us that the character and habits of one that is walking in God's truth , are to be slow to anger, to accept discipline,  to be kind, to seek the council of the Lord, and to reverent follow God. 

A - The application for me is to recognize that I need God desperately to transform me daily through his word, so that I can endure through times of anxiety and worry, to be strengthened and edified daily by his words and guidance,  so I might ground my anger, and learn his loving kindness.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for you grace, and guidance and protection over this season.  I feel you have seen me be deconstructed during my time here in Monterey, and I pray that it is you that is rebuilding me for your purposes.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment