Monday, July 1, 2013

Being a humble servant , to those God places in our lives as leaders

S-psalm 104:35 NASB
Bless the Lord, O my soul.
[aj]Praise [ak]the Lord!

Titus 2

6 Likewise urge the young men to be [c]sensible; 7 in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with [d]purity in doctrine, dignified, 8 sound in speech which is beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be put to shame, having nothing bad to say about us.

9 Urge bondslaves to be subject to their own masters in everything, to be well-pleasing, not [e]argumentative, 10 not pilfering, but showing all good faith so that they will adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in every respect.

Titus 3

3 Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, 2 to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. 3 For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another

O - there is something that I am reminded of as I read Paul's instructions to Titus. That is as we become born again, made new in Christ we experience a freedom that we have never before experience. This is the freedom from sin, no longer a slave to it. But this freedom is won by Christ, not so that we can ignore the leaders and rulers of the world but so that we may have an intimate relationship with God. We are however to understand that God wants us to love and win to Christ all whom he places in front of us. He is also sovereign over who is leading and in charge, so we must trust him and know that as those being led we are to be subject to authorities, and to be led with a gentle spirit, always ready to do a good deed.

A - The application for me is that I see The Lord has placed various types of leaders in my life, and how I have chosen to be lead or maintain an attitude of humble servitude has been the growing opportunity each and every step of the way. I must continue to try and humbly serve the leaders in my life so that I may serve God.

P - dear Heavenly Father , thank you for your gift of wisdom and understanding , help me Lord to be led by your spirit in the actions and behaviors I display in following the leaders you have appointed over me. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment