Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wisdom of proverbs


s -

Let your fountain be blessed,
And rejoice in the wife of your youth. As a loving hind and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
Be exhilarated always with her love. (Proverbs 5:18, 19 NASB)

Give no sleep to your eyes,
Nor slumber to your eyelids; Go to the ant, O sluggard,
Observe her ways and be wise, How long will you lie down, O sluggard?
When will you arise from your sleep? "A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to rest"- (Proverbs 6:4, 6, 9, 10 NASB)

"Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at my doorposts. "For he who finds me finds life
And obtains favor from the LORD. (Proverbs 8:34, 35 NASB)


When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable,
But he who restrains his lips is wise. It is the blessing of the LORD that makes rich,
And He adds no sorrow to it. (Proverbs 10:19, 22 NASB)


o - I must continue to act on what I know I am called to do, to act wisely, to live lovingly, and to bring people together, not tear them apart. I must do so the same at home and at work. I must fight the temptation to do nothing and observe life, but also be prudent with my words and actions.

A - I must be exhorted by the word of God today to not live passively in my love and leadership of those in my life.

P - dear Lord thank you for restoring my interest and encouraging me in my devotions. Please lord fill me with your spirit, guide me, prompt me so that I may be a man after you and be used to reach the people you have placed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment