Monday, June 10, 2013

Leading and leaders - wisdom in following and leading

S -
A righteous man who walks in his integrity-
How blessed are his sons after him. (Proverbs 20:7 NASB)

Man's steps are ordained by the LORD,
How then can man understand his way? (Proverbs 20:24 NASB)

Every man's way is right in his own eyes,
But the LORD weighs the hearts. (Proverbs 21:2 NASB)

Do not associate with a man given to anger;
Or go with a hot-tempered man, Or you will learn his ways
And find a snare for yourself. (Proverbs 22:24, 25 NASB)

Do you see a man skilled in his work?
He will stand before kings;
He will not stand before obscure men. (Proverbs 22:29 NASB)

When you sit down to dine with a ruler,
Consider carefully what is before you, Do not weary yourself to gain wealth,
Cease from your consideration of it. (Proverbs 23:1, 4 NASB)


O - The ways I am to follow I must be thoughtful and discerning of. If I am not going to isolate myself in a cocoon of Christians, I must make decisions about whose ways and values I will admire. I will admire Gods ways; when at work or in the world I will admire men after god's heart, especially those who display their faith confidently in the work place and in leading their families.

A - the application for me is to despite my tendency to look to authority figures for approval, I must still be discerning of God's truths and Gods ways. I must work confidently and with the peace to know God's ways are better than the worlds ways.

P - dear Heavenly Father, thank you for grace, and guidance today through your word.
















No comments:

Post a Comment