Thursday, June 6, 2013

Woes of wisdom to guide my feet

S

When pride comes, then comes dishonor,
But with the humble is wisdom. (Proverbs 11:2 NASB)

Riches do not profit in the day of wrath,
But righteousness delivers from death. (Proverbs 11:4 NASB)

Where there is no guidance the people fall,
But in abundance of counselors there is victory. (Proverbs 11:14 NASB)

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
But he who hates reproof is stupid. (Proverbs 12:1 NASB)

There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword,
But the tongue of the wise brings healing. (Proverbs 12:18 NASB)

The hand of the diligent will rule,
But the slack hand will be put to forced labor. Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down,
But a good word makes it glad. (Proverbs 12:24, 25 NASB)

The one who guards his mouth preserves his life;
The one who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. (Proverbs 13:3 NASB)

He who withholds his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him diligently. (Proverbs 13:24 NASB)

O- Words of wisdom feed my head, heart, and soul all at the same time. They provide woes of reminder, word o encouragement, and words of rebuke; all are necessary. I must continue to allow these words of truth to fill me and replace my own perverse thoughts.

A- The application of these proverbs is a reminder to maintain a humble, but diligent perspective on life. Worries or concerns about my position or wealth , yield a life much less than God intended. Keeping good company of wise men and women of God,

P - thank you lord for your continued investment in me. Pleas continue to feed and lift me up so that the days ahead I may continue to represent Jesus well here on earth.

















No comments:

Post a Comment