Monday, July 26, 2010

Leading humbly

Leading humbly

S - 1 Pet 5:5-7 (NASB)

5You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.

6Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,

7casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

O - I feel a little in between at this stage in my life, I am not an elder but not quite a younger man; instead I find myself in more senior leadership positions in my life at work, at home, and in ministry, and still needing to submit humbly to the elders God has placed in my life. It is a good tension in a way in that I am reminded to keep humbling myself, and that it will be God who exalts and raises me up in his time. It is comforting knowing that God gives grace to the humble and promotes those who humbles themselves, as well as taking the anxiety and worries away from those that do.

A - There are a few great take aways for me in this season on my life:

1. Subject myself to my elders (lead up) - always remember to submit myself to those God has placed in authority over me

2. Humble myself among my peers (lead sideways and down) - It is important to be a humble servant because it will draw attention to God in my life, as well as being God's most excellent and effective way to lead those around you. This requires a great deal of humilty; but the good news if you humble yourselves under God's authority he will give grace to whatever shortcomings as a leader you may have, as well as take away any anxiety that results from you having to die to your desires to control or lead a situation in a non-humble way.

3. Praise God's plan for promotion - If we are able to submit to our elders, humble our self, cast our anxieties on him, we are leaders God can definitely use at the next level in His Kingdom, and promotion will be sure to come.



P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I am so thankful for your continued pursuit of me and my equipping as a follower, servant, and one day leader in your kingdom plan. I pray Lord that you continue to equip and shape me into the man you need me to be so that I can serve you well. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment