Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The power of the prayer of a righteous man

The power of the prayer of a righteous man
S - James 5:16(NASB)
16Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

O - The Lord continues to convict me through His word and through His spirit in me that I must press in and be disciplined to my prayer life. The truth is I think there are two issues holding me back: 1) I don't like to ask God for favors in prayer and it seems those are the times I think to pray most, when I need something I can't get myself. 2) I don't truly believe that he will answer all my prayers, so I figure if I don't pray I won't be disappointed in God. But the truth is in the word, and I have to overcome these barriers in order to do as my heart truly wishes : to accomplish much ... for the Lord.

A - The application for me and my life is to battle my two issues with His truths:
1. Issue 1 - I don't like to ask God for favors - Truth - Ask others to pray for me so that I can be assured my impure motives won't leak in.
2. Issue 2 - I don't truly believe (my faith is small) - Truth - confess my sins to other believers so that I may be healed of my unbelief.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would continue to speak your truth into my life, and rid me of all unbelief that may be holding me back from accomplishing much for your kingdom and your glory. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment