Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ridding myself of pride and slander

Ridding myself of pride and slander
S - Psalm 101:5 (NASB)
5Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor, him I will destroy;
No one who has a haughty look and an arrogant heart will I endure.

O - I want to squeeze out ever last bad intention, evil thought, and harmful way in me. My tendency is to believe I am a good person doing the right things; but deep inside, I know what thoughts and motives I am capable of. This psalm reminds me how the Lord feels about a arrogant heart, and one that secretly slanders other people.

A - The application for me is to rebuke that part of me. I can think of know other way than to ask for the power of the Holy Spirit to drive out of me any arrogance, and slanderous nature that remains in me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's revelation through your word. I pray Lord that you would help me rid myself of the proud slanderours nature that resides in me. I pray all that in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment