Saturday, July 24, 2010

Corrected by our wife's behavior

Corrected by our wife's behavior
S - 1 Pet 3:1-2,7 (NASB)
1In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,
2as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior.
...
7You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as withsomeone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

O - I am convicted today by this verse, that my wife is a godly woman who lives by this very verse, and that when I deviate from my call as a husband to love and lead her well that I ignore her submissive and respectful behavior but rather look to conflict as the thing that causes me to repent and change my ways.

A - The application for me is to recognize that when I am pressing toward conflict with my wife I must reflect on her submissive and respectful behavior toward me as a reminder of my very deviation from God's word on my role as a husband to show her understanding and honor.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord for true transformation in this area of my life, help me to be a biblical husband, obedient to your word, and your design for my marriage. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment