Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Staying near to God

Staying near to God
S- Psalm 73:28 (NASB)
28But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works.

O - I love God's word and it's ability to reveal truth, and this truth lies deep within me that when God is near my life is good. When there is separation there are peaks and valleys and a roller coaster of uncertainty. That was my life before Christ, I had some great moments, and some terrible times, but in either case I was alone in my victories and defeat, and no closer to feeling the peace my soul longed for. Now under the lordship of Christ, I am able to go through mountain top as well as valley experiences, and knowing God is near to me, and that I have drawn close to Him, gives me the certainty of who He is and the peace that comes from knowing I belong to Him.

A - The application for me is to simply draw near to God, in times of trial, in times of victory, and the times in between. My tendency to wander, and slowly fade away has to be battled and fought against to ensure I stay near to God.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's message, may it be sealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment