Sunday, July 4, 2010

Updating my image of who Christ is

Updating my image of who Christ is

S - Heb 1:3-4 (NASB)

3And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

4having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

O - What a great description of who Jesus is. I am not sure that I can add to this description, but rather stand in awe of who Jesus was in the days he walked the earth, and who He is in heaven, sitting at the right hand of the Father.

A - The application for me is a simple reminder to update the image of who Christ is in my head. Over time I have the tendency to reduce Christ in my mind to something far less than the glory of God, the EXACT representation of His very nature, that through Him my sins were washed away, and He sits next to God the Father daily, while simultaneous His spirit dwells inside of me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's message, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that your living spirit in me would be a burning candle and image of you are in my life, guarding my heart, mind, and soul from the degrading effects of life in the world. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment