Friday, July 23, 2010

How to deal with all people

How to deal with all people
S - 1 Peter 2:17 (NASB)
17Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.

O - What a great reminder of the completeness of how we are to operate in the world we live in. I face tension daily between the people I interact with, the christians I serve and live alongside with, maintaining my relationship with God, and serving the authorities that are over me in my job and in the Navy.

A - The application is to remember Peter's simple 4 step proverb -
1. Honor all people - I am not to demean, judge, or dismiss those who are not in agreement with me, or my faith in Christ
2. Love the brotherhood - I am to love the brotherhood of Christ, especially the harder to love Christians.
3. Fear God - he is the only authority in my life I should fear - all others trust and be obedient to God when dealing with them.
4. Honor the King - This for me, means be humble and continue to serve well those leaders God places over me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment