Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Seek wisdom, gain fear of the Lord

S - Prov 2:
1My son, if you will receive my words
And treasure my commandments within you,
2Make your ear attentive to wisdom,
Incline your heart to understanding;
3For if you cry for discernment,
Lift your voice for understanding;
4If you seek her as silver
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
5Then you will discern the fear of the Lord
And discover the knowledge of God.
6For the Lord gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding


O -    The words of wisdom we receive here from Solomon are from God,  so we can trust its truth and worthiness of receiving and planting in our hearts.    Solomon describes here a heart to seek God's wisdom,  for they are hidden treasures to be found,   but what we receive on this journey of seeking the wisdom of God is actual an understanding of the fear of the Lord and knowledge of who He really is.

A - The application for me is to realize while I have sought to know God and gain wisdom in his word, and discernment in His spirit, it may not have been leading me to where I would have thought. My knowledge of who God is, and how insignificant my plans and my ways are , is becoming more and more apparent daily.   My plans are folly and my ways fall short of God's ways.  I am coming humbly before him daily, confessing my shortcomings and seeking his hand and favor.

P -  Lord only you know my heart, and know my circumstance.  I am praying that through your spirit I would be filled, healed, and uplifted.  I truly am nothing without you.  I pray for restoration of hope and joy,  passion and empathy, and most of all filled with your love, so that I can outpour your love to those you have placed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment