Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Keep the lords commandments in my heart

S -  Prov 3:1-2 (NASB)
1My son, do not forget my teaching,
But let your heart keep my commandments;
2For length of days and years of life
And peace they will add to you.

O -  Solomon shares wisdom that we have a natural tendency to forget the wisdom and commandments that come from God through His word.   But the truth is His word is alive and living, and if it is living inside of us,  it adds years of life to your life, and peace is the result.  

A -   Wow, this hits hard as I face a time in my life that seems to lack peace.   I am reminded that God's word, His commandments in His word, and His commandments to me through prayer, devotions, and holy spirit promptings are what He wants to restore in me in this season.

P - My application is my prayer, Lord help me to re-ignite the fire or fan the flame inside of me.  I recognize that in my weakness you are strong,  I confess your ways are so much better than my ways.  My prayer oh Lord is that you remove the paralyzing fear and anxiety that comes with my depression, that you help me to seize every moment you have given me to love others and love you.  Lord it is through prayer and confession and humbleness that I submit my whole self to your will. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment