Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Last days - we must prophesy what the spirit is prompting

S - act.2.17-18.nasb
'A nd it shall be in the last days ,' God says, 'T hat I will pour forth of M y S pirit on all mankind ; A nd your sons and your daughters shall prophesy , A nd your young men shall see visions , A nd your old men shall dream dreams ; E ven on M y bondslaves , both men and women , I will in those days pour forth of M y S pirit And they shall prophesy.

O - This is Peters explanation of why at Pentecost the Apostles received the Holy Spirit and were able to speak the tongues of all the differing languages that where represented by the Jewish people in Jerusalem.   As these people heard the gospel coming forth in their own language, from Galileans whom didn't grow up speaking their language they were compelled to listen and give glory to God.  This is who our God is , and how he operates.  He reaches each and everyone of us, personally, right where we are.  There is not a need to be learned of a particular language, or conversant reading latin, or greeek, or even Hebrew.  His plan as prophesied before was that young men will see visions, and old men dream  (young to old) and that this will be sent out to everyone.  From their sons and daughters will speak with God's spirit to reach all those God is calling.

A - The application for me is to recognize, and even acknowledge that we are in end times,  which means only in this context,  God has poured out His spirit on us for the purpose of proclaiming the good news of salvation through Christ.   If I will draw near to Him,  His spirit can flow through me to reach those whom He is calling to repentance and restoration.    I must seek the Holy Spirit, and seek to speak the words that He is calling me to speak.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your great leadership and grace.  I thank you for hearing my voice, answering prayers, and filling me with your spirit.  Lord I pray you would help me to love you, an dspeak your love tand grace to those you have put in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment