Monday, October 26, 2015

Fear for the Lord, the restart of knowledge and wisdom

S -  Proverbs 1:7 (NASB)
7The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

O - A healthy fear (or reverence) of the Lord is necessary to understand and learn from Him,  the creator of all things.  He offers up this opportunity to have revelation of His principles and truths, but those who are foolish despise the wisdom of God.   This doesn't mean they don't think they know or learn things, but instead seek the wisdom of the world.

A - The application for me today, was a reminder by the Holy Spirit to get back to devotions by seeking God's wisdom and instruction and rejection the worlds.   It begins with a genuine reverence for who He is , and a healthy fear of not being with Him.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's encouragement, correction, and direction.  I am so sorry I have not stayed devoted to putting your word deep in my heart, and am thankful to let you back in to begin depositing gems and your spirit to fill me.  I pray Lord your spirit would guide and refresh me in this endeavor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment