Monday, October 5, 2015

Pray continuously to the Lord

S -  Luke 18:4-8   (NASB)
4For a while he was unwilling; but afterward he said to himself, 'Even though I do not fear God nor respect man, 5yet because this widow bothers me, I will give her legal protection, otherwise by continually coming she will wear me out.'" 6And the Lord said, "Hear what the unrighteous judge said; 7now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? 8I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly.

O -  This parable was spoken by Jesus to those listening in context to their own prayers to God.   The purpose appears to encourage them to present their request always (day and night) to the Lord,  and he will represent and honor these requests.   Honor these requests may not be as a wish is presented to a genie, but more like an agreement between the judge and the widow in parable,  will give her his legal covering.   God will do the same for us, as we present our request to God, He is good and faithful,  for Christ intercedes our behalf at the right hand of the Father.  The holy spirit works within in us to know what to pray and even when spoken inexactly ensures the Father knows our prayers, and guides them.

A -  The application for me is  to remember to pray continuously throughout my day, into each and every circumstance, because God is listening, and has agreed to  provide a covering in my life.   I will walk the day presenting my request and let God's peace reign in my head and heart, and trust in his methods and means to answer my prayers.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment