Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Keep the temple clean

S -luk.19.45-46.nasb
 Jesus entered the temple and began to drive out those who were selling, saying to them, "It is written, 'A nd M y house shall be a house of prayer ,' but you have made it a robbers ' den ."

O - Jesus came to restore God's best for God's people, and to incarnate the church, in flesh vice stone.  Jesus' desires to see God's plan fully filled, and as he exampled here in the temple, he want to rid God's temple of anything that can corrupt it.   Here it is the money changers and merchants who had created an environment not aligned with God and the temples purpose, for us today, our bodies are the temple, our hearts and minds are where we must maintain in order to prevent the temple from being corrupt.

A -  The application for me is to ensure that the love of money and possessions, the desire for easiness over righteousness does not overtake my heart and mind.   I must rid myself of the things of the world making unclean the temple of my heart and mind, where Jesus and the Holy Spirit live. 

P - Dear heavenly father, please help me to rid myself of all unrighteousness in the temple you have provided me.  Lord I can't see it or rid it without you.  I pray all this in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment