Monday, February 6, 2012

Unleavened offerings unto the Lord

Unleavened offerings unto the Lord
S - Lev 2:11-13 (NASB)
11 ‘No grain offering, which you bring to the LORD, shall be made with leaven, for you shall not offer up in smoke any leaven or any honey as an offering by fire to the LORD. 12 As an offering of first fruits you shall bring them to the LORD, but they shall not ascend for a soothing aroma on the altar. 13 Every grain offering of yours, moreover, you shall season with salt, so that the salt of the covenant of your God shall not be lacking from your grain offering; with all your offerings you shall offer salt.


O - Leaven is the emblem of pride, malice, and hypocrisy, and honey of sensual pleasure. The former are directly opposed to the graces of humility, love, and sincerity, which God approves; the latter takes men from the exercises of devotion, and the practice of good works. Christ, in his character and sacrifice, was wholly free from the things denoted by leaven; and his suffering life and agonizing death were the very opposites to worldly pleasure.—Matthew Henry Concise


A -  The application for me is to recognize that I to have leaven in my life, and the lesson is not to offer these things which are puffed up to look bigger than there substance and offer them some how to God.   I can think of times in ministry where I have the tendency to want to leaven something to be bigger than it actually is.    It likely comes from the prideful nature of wanting to do something big, and even if for God it doesn't represent truth.   The truth is that God wants an honest representation of Him, and when we puff up things, and make them more than they actually are, they eventually collapse and are exposed.  


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to reveal to me your ways, and shed away all that is not off you from my life so I may offer to you what is pure and unleavened.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment