Friday, February 17, 2012

Effective evangelism, Paul's example

Effective evangelism, Paul's example
S - Acts 24:22-25 (NASB)

 22 But Felix, having a more exact knowledge about the Way, put them off, saying, “When Lysias the commander comes down, I will decide your case.” 23 Then he gave orders to the centurion for him to be kept in custody and yet have some freedom, and not to prevent any of his friends from ministering to him.
 24 But some days later Felix arrived with Drusilla, his wife who was a Jewess, and sent for Paul and heard him speak about faith in Christ Jesus. 25 But as he was discussing righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix became frightened and said, “Go away for the present, and when I find time I will summon you.” 

O - Felix who was a governor of sorts had a great opportunity to hear Paul's expert testimony of the Way.   In Paul's persecution in Jerusalem, it becomes obvious that on his road to Rome.   Paul wisely testified to Felix of his innocence, but at the same time did more to teach Felix who was likely influenced by his Jewess wife. 

A - The application for me is to try and understand God's design and purpose for me to witness in this time that he has me.  I feel exhorted and encouraged by Paul to testify to all that I am led by Christ, but it has not been in my personality to be so outgoing and vocal.   I know God is growing me in this area, and that my fear of sharing too boldly as I did in my first years of freedom as a Christian,  where I may have done more damage than good.  So my heart felt desire is to grow in skill and obedience as Paul had over his season on earth.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray Lord that you would help me to understand and grow in your ways,  to grow my heart and spirit for evangelism, your way.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment