Saturday, February 25, 2012

Psalms of praise for Him

Psalms of praise for Him
S - Psalm 49
 1 Ascribe to the LORD, O sons of the mighty, 
Ascribe to the LORD glory and strength. 
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due to His name; 
Worship the LORD in holy array.
...
10 The LORD sat as King at the flood; 
Yes, the LORD sits as King forever. 
11 The LORD will give strength to His people; 
The LORD will bless His people with peace.


O -  We set our hope on the Lord.    We give credit to and connection to all our strength in his name.  We worship Him in a variety of ways.   He rules all that is good and bad in our life.  He gives us strength to live through both.   He gives us peace.  The Lord is the consistent one, we are the inconsistent ones.    We are to remain confident in His steadiness , not our circumstantial steadiness.  


A - The application for me this morning was to simply take this moment to praise God through this psalm, through my observation, and through allowing the Holy Spirit to come and transform my perspective.  Though at times I am down, I know He is not.  Though at times my spirit flags, or my mind wanders and worries,  He is the same.  I can count on Him.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to reflect on who you are and give you this praise, because you are definitely worthy of all praise.  In Jesus name I pray.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment