Monday, February 20, 2012

Season's being shepherded by God

S - Psalm 23 (NASB)

The LORD, the Psalmist’s Shepherd.
    A Psalm of David.
 1 The LORD is my shepherd,
shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

O - I just noticed the seasonal flow of David's shepherd psalm.  It is a flow from a pure provision of the Lord, provider of all our needs, but then somewhat chronologically we can see the Lord shepherding us through a season of rest and restoration, restoring our soul's from whatever previous seasons we may have faced.  The next season the Lord shepherds us through once our batteries are fully charged is a valley season, where we see the Lord carefully guides our every step and that direct guidance of the rod and staff brings comfort in an uncertain time.  Coming out of the valley we are to face our enemies on our way to the mountain top experience.  The lord sets our table, and provides all that we need to defeat the enemy, and He does it in front of our enemies so the enemy see's it is God on our side, and not our own strength.  And the last season is of mountain top, where God anoints our head with oil, this symbolizing taking care of our wounds or infirmities, and our cup over runs with abundance and joy, and we recognize God is with us in every season and his provision is more than sufficient to sustain us through it all.

A -  The application for me is to recognize that I am a sheep of the good shepherd, and the season I currently am in is one of laying down in green pastures, near still waters.   Perhaps the last 9 years of my walk in Hawaii were the valley, the battles and the mountain top experiences.  For this season he has me learning to still my self rest and recharge.  Honestly I was excited at the thought of it, but find myself uncomfortable in this season, but after reading this psalm I recognize it is God's plan for shepherding me and my family.  The lesson is not that I am in retirement, never to be used again, but rather in a season of restoration and preparation .   God knows of the valley moments ahead, he knows of the enemy's I will face, and He knows of the mountains he wishes me to climb and this current season will be perfectly planned and provided for in recognition of the season's past and the season's in the future.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for wisdom and comfort in living this season of lying down next to still waters, and in green pastures.   Help me Lord not to miss you next season, by homesteading in the season of rest.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment