Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A love that is warm and inviting, not noisy and distant

S -  1 Cor 13
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.


O - The Lord just whispered this verse into my heart in regard to my speaking to my wife and even my children.   Paul speaks of this to the Corinthian people out of the teaching and correction of the congregation that he helped grow that was growing with some of the challenges all growing churches, families, and people have.   Out of the love they enter a relationship, but out of time and circumstances their behavior degrades into something less that true love.   Out of routine they may use the same words, but the same words without the truth of the heart behind them sound noisy and cold and distant, instead of soft, warm, and inviting. 


A - The application for me is to understand that as I try to foster my love relationship with my wife,  and grow my children up to love God and love others, I must example the kind of love that Paul writes of.  Not one that uses all the write Christian words at the right time, but has no heart or love behind them, because the girls can read through that and they do not receive this Agape love that Paul writes of.  I know for me I have to press in and show them the warm, inviting, love,


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would help me to transform my love for my wife and daughters into your Agape love.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment