Wednesday, August 31, 2011

God's fractal


God's fractal

 S - Rev 4:2-4 (NASB)
 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne was standing in heaven, and One sitting on the throne.3 And He who was sitting was like a jasper stone and a sardius in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, like an emerald in appearance.4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones; and upon the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and golden crowns on their heads.

O -  At the risk of biblically misinterpreting this scripture, I am convinced God gave me a glimpse of what His fractal is through this scripture.  You see God has spent history building his fractal.   He started with Jesus as his fractal leader.  Jesus knew God's  vision and mission from the beginning so who better to lead the fractal.   Over time God drew leaders to his service, leaders like Abraham, Moses, David, Elijah, Daniel  Isaiah, Paul, Peter, John, etc.  These are the spiritual giants which God invested years of development and mentoring.   God knew through these leaders he could impact all of humanity.   Though he loves us all, he held deep intimate, relationship with these individuals who were kingdom builders.   In the end, in heaven these are who God has chosen to be the elders of His Church.  

A - The lesson, is one for for me as a fractal leader, from the One who knows leadership of people better than anyone.  I am to build fractal teams like God has built his.  By first finding faithful men and women, who are seeking more of God, and willing to be led, molded and shaped for a purpose much bigger than themselves.   Fractals are built by investing time in people.   I need to deeply invest in peoples growth, development, much as God did with Moses and David.  This includes walking with them through valleys and mountain tops, taking time to coach them on navigating the terrain of ministry and life.  Ultimately in the end we may develop relationships with many, and help them on their journey of spiritual growth and transformation, but I believe God will reveal who our fractal leadrs are.  Fractal leaders are those committed to God,  committed to you as a leader, committed to one another, committed to the mission of the team.  As  a fractal leader my role is to seek God and his wisdom in selecting, coaching, and leading those he brings into my life. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray Lord that you would continue to coach and mentor me at leading teams of your people for your purposes.  I pray Lord that my own pride might not get in the way of allowing you to lead others through me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment