Saturday, August 20, 2011

Who we are in Christ


Who we are in Christ

 S - 1 John 1:5-10 (NASB)
 God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; 7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

O - This scripture is a very compact, simple, yet truly deep description of who God is, and who we are in Christ.    It is revelationary that we now understand that we are to be in God's true light if we are fully to be in His will for our life.   As Christians it can be hard to remember this, "to walk in his light" is not possible if we do not practice his truth's.  Jesus Christ is the truth, and when we walk in His ways and practice what Christ is teaching us, then we will be walking in the light.    Of course the beginning of this walking in truth comes by being cleansed of a the effects of sin on our life, by confessing our sins, we begin to walk in the light and are free to follow the truth.

A -  The application for me is to recognize that I am in Christ, and Christ is in me.   It is when I am practicing what Christ in me is teaching me and showing me that I am walking in the light, and that there is no darkness in God's light.   What freedom and peace this brings to be a follower of Christ who simply walks in the footsteps that He has shown us and is showing us. 

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to shine your light on the path you have for me.  Help me Lord to practice your truth's , I want your way and not my way.  I confess Father I have fallen short, in obedience and in faith of your promises, help me Lord to increase my faith.  I pray all these things in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment