Friday, August 12, 2011

The way, the truth, and the life


The way, the truth, and the life

S - John 14:1-6 (NASB)
  1 “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And you know the way where I am going.”5 Thomas *said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” 6 Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

O - I am so comforted by the words of Jesus, they are simple, profound, and trustworthy.    I am to have no troubles or worries, I am simply to believe in God, love Jesus, and know He is the way in this life, and in eternity with the Father.    The promise is clear, that He is preparing a place for me now in heaven, so He knows I am coming, He is preparing my heart and mind now to live there, and He will come again to receive me, to take me to the Father and to heaven.  All of these things I realize are not just spiritual metaphor's but truth's about who Jesus is and what He is doing for me.   

A -  The application for my life is to relax and enjoy the promises and relationship with the Lord.   I am not to be troubled, but rather walk in confidence and the comfort in that God "IS"  and  Jesus "IS", and that when I follow Jesus , I am walking in truth and walking the path for this life that is most impactful.   The future He has taken care of as He has called me to a relationship with God the Father, and is making preparation for me to meet Him face to face; therefore I am free to focus on today and what He is doing in me, around me, and prayerfully through me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord , that you would help me to walk in your ways and walk in your truth.  To live a life free from troubling thoughts that distract me from what you are doing, and cause me to lose confidence in who you are in me.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name.

No comments:

Post a Comment