Friday, September 2, 2011

God's one plan - our part in it


God's one plan - our part in it

S -  Rev 7:3-5 (NASB)
 “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads.”
 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel: 5 from the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand,

O - How consistent God's plan and promises where from the beginning.   The promise to Abraham to make his descendants a promised people,  the plan to make the son's of Jacob a royal priesthood whom would dwell in the promised land, witnessing to the world,  the plan for redemption of the 12 tribes, and replacement of them by a high priest, Christ, who would lead them to restoration,  the selection of 12 apostles who would symbolize a new convenant, not with a blood line, but with a spiritual line of priests (Christians) who would restore God's people.  So here in revelations we see a continuing of this promise and plan.  In the process of preparing for Armageddon, and the kingdom of God come to earth as in heaven, we see God sealing his people to him, symbolized by the twelve tribes, lead by the 24 elders he has chosen of which 12 are the apostles, the other twelve may represent old testament leaders of the tribes.  In any case God is giving clear picture to me now of just how intricate and perfect his plan is.  Intricate in that it is beyond human capacity to create such a plan, but somehow simple and beautiful in that it meets a simple promise to Abraham, and exemplifies the true character of God in his ability to be faithful in His promises, and consistent in his pursuit of restoration of His people.

A -   The application for me is mostly a softened heart, that just appreciates how much God loves me, and loves all of His people.  The father is so lovingly pursuing us , that  I feel desired and cared for.  I feel a sense of peace that God will never give up on me, or His people, in fact He is not concerned, because He knows his will be done on earth as it is in heaven, and that there is a day, marked in time when revelations prophecy will come to fruition, and the kingdom of God will reign on earth as it is in heaven.  So how to I respond to this revelation.  I feel I respond in peace, and confidence of the one who is orchestrating my life for a purpose, that his plans are good, and for a purpose, and if I stay aligned with Him, restoration and victory are mine, if I stray from Him,  He will not be defeated, I simply won't get to participate in His victory.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me stay on your path, in your will, and live with peace and confidence in your ways.  I thank you Lord for all you have done, and are doing in my life for your purposes, the joy and peace I feel is from you, and I am grateful.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment