Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Walking in God's promises

Walking in God's promises

S - Josh 21:43-45 (NASB)So the LORD gave Israel all the land which He had sworn to give to their fathers, and they possessed it and lived in it.

44And the LORD gave them rest on every side, according to all that He had sworn to their fathers, and no one of all their enemies stood before them; the LORD gave all their enemies into their hand.

45Not one of the good promises which the LORD had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass.

O - I feel like this word is for me, from God, who is saying, Joe I will give you promises that will challenge your faith, and perhaps cause you to doubt they will be fulfilled based on your external circumstances, but remember my promises are always fully true, all things are possible, when I am on your side. For the people of Israel the promise came passed down from Abraham to Isaac, to Jacob, through Joseph, and Moses, and now ultimately being fulfilled in the time of Joshua. I am facing challenges in ministry in which God has called me to, in which I doubt the calling based on circumstances, or I doubt God's ability to pull it off. What I realize is that the entire journey for God's people was filled with circumstances that would naturally cause people to doubt the promises, all the way up to the very end when His promise was fullfilled.



A - The application for me is to realize that I need to rest on the promise and not the current circumstance when following God's direction and calling in my life. In order to do this I think there are some practical means in which I can ensure I do this.:

1. Write down, review, and meditate on the promises and callings of God. I think this is probably a weakness we all face in the midst of adversity, we forget the original promise, and more importantly who gave it to us. This can be done practically in a few ways; writing down the promises God speaks to you through prayer, as well as writing down God's promises found in His word, and revealed by the spirit of God.

2. Walk by faith - not by sight - this is a critical Christian habit, to walk by faith, not of the unknown God and His unknown plan, but walk in faith in His promises, his callings, and ultimately in His character and ability to fulfill the promises.



P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would continue to poor your promises and spirit into my life, and that I would be transformed by them, learning to trust by abandoning my own senses and trusting in your promises. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment