Friday, March 19, 2010

Fools for Christ Sake

Fools for Christ Sake

S - 1 Cor 4:12-13 (NASB)

We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are prudent in Christ; we are weak, but you are strong; you are distinguished, but we are without honor.

11To this present hour we are both hungry and thirsty, and are poorly clothed, and are roughly treated, and are homeless;

12and we toil, working with our own hands; when we are reviled, we bless; when we arepersecuted, we endure;

13when we are slandered, we try to conciliate; we have become as the scum of the world, the dregs of all things, even until now.

O - I think I must enjoy the kind of motivation Paul gives. It is exhortation by minimization. In my heart and mind I feel I am motivated by being the underdog and overcomer. Here Paul through his testimony of weakness and toiling, is really showing his strength and trust in the Lord. For when he is weak , the Lord is proven strong. And there is the exhortation to throw yourself willingly into positions of weakness in order to show Christ's strength

A - The application for me is to use Paul's motivation to be willing to be a fool for Christ, which means at time being mistreated, misunderstood, and not respected. I can do this by trusting in the Lord, His plans, and His ways, that the triumph and glory is His, and that in my weakness He will be shown strong.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord you strenthen me to be more accepting of my weakness, and overcome my pride in order to be weak for your sake. I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment