Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The truth about marriage and divorce

The truth about marriage and divorce

S - Mark 10:7-12 (NASB)

7"FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER,

8AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; so they are no longer two, but one flesh.

9"What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

10In the house the disciples began questioning Him about this again.

11And He said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her;

12and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery."

O - We saw from the beginning God's design for bringing man and woman together, one flesh. And then later we see through Moses some allowance for divorce, due to their hardened hearts. But thanks be to God, Jesus came to reveal the truth, and we see what a shock that is even to his disciples who questioned Jesus on this topic, but the truth stood, God joins man and women into one flesh through the bond of marriage, and we are not to separate this bond, in fact it is a sin to do so and marry another.

A - The application for me is stand, fiercely committed and confident in my marriage, that it is God ordained, God formed, and God sustained. I can no longer consider divorce an alternative than I can consider amputating my right arm, my wife Abby is now an intrigal part of me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord for a strengthening of the bond of my marriage, and pray you would help protect it from anything coming between Abby and I, including ourselves. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment