Monday, March 15, 2010

Bearing our own load, and not others

Bearing our own load, and not others

S - Gal 6:4-5 (NASB)

But each one must examine his own work, and then he will have reason for boasting in regard to himself alone, and not in regard to another.

5For each one will bear his own load.

O - This scripture reminds me that while we are to care for, love one another, pray for each other, we each are to focus on our self transformation and our actions in life. How often do we turn our efforts and energy on leading and telling others what they need to do in their lives, when we still need to lead ourselves well.

A - I must take Paul's advice and examine my own work, bear my own load, and allow Christ to be my source of insight and transformation. I am not to focus on others weaknesses advising them what to do, but rather I may assist them in self discovery, and deepening of relationship with Christ.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment