Thursday, March 11, 2010

Leadership principle - write down the law

Leadership principle - write down the law yourself
S - Deut 17:18 (NASB)
"Now it shall come about when he sits on the throne of his kingdom, he shall write for himself a copy of this law on a scroll in the presence of the Levitical priests.

O - I love the fact that leaders of Israel were required to write for themselves a copy of the law in the presence of the priests. How often are leaders put in place with there own agenda and own laws in mind. I am reminded of a quote from the Nixon interview with Frost in which he Nixon said he believed if the president did something by definition it was legal. This was a major flaw, because as leaders we are to submit to the the already perfect law of God, to write it not just on paper, though this helps alot, but to write it on our heads and hearts. How else can we submit to His authority when we are given so much authority here on earth as leaders.

A - The application for me is to as a leader write down those laws which are founding principles of any organization or group that I am leading, that have been written down or set in place by God, or the organizational founders them self. From there leadership should lead withing the boundaries and principles of the written law. Writting it down myself will force me to consider the principles, and drive them deeper into my subconcious thoughts and actions, and allow all decision and future plans, to be guided by principles founded by God and leaders he has appointed before me.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray that you would help me to remember to apply this lesson to my life today, and in the future, not to just be inspired by it but to be transformed by it. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment