Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Trusting in Jesus

S - John 2:24 (NASB)
But Jesus, on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men, 25and because He did not need anyone to testify concerning man, for He Himself knew what was in man.

O -  As Jesus began his ministry, his teaching, passion for God, and miracles caused many to believe and begin to follow Him.    What is interesting as his popularity gained and his following strengthened he did not entrust himself to praise and desires of these followers.   He was there from the beginning and new the sinful nature of man, even while giving him praises.   This isn't saying he didn't love them, or didn't desire to lead them to salvation, but rather He knew that God had a personal relationship with His people from Adam and Eve to present, and they are capable of  turning away.

A -   The application for me is to recognize that Jesus loves me, and he knows me and my nature deeply.    He is pursuing me, despite my sin and failures.   He desires to have me be restored with the Father at all times.   So when I sin, and fall away, he is faithful to be standing there with open arms to receive me in my flawed weaknesses.    He knows me better than any other, including myself.   I must continue to not condemn myself,  because Jesus doesn't.  I must run to him.

P - Dear heavenly father, I run to you this morning prayerful that you receive me in my weakness, and that you see me in my circumstance, and guide me to you.   I am praying for restoration of your spirit in me.  A spirit that drives me to love you unabandonedly and seeks you constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment